Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia stipulate that a customer may repudiate a contract within 14 calendar days and return the merchandise to the seller. However, pursuant to part six, clause 12 of the Consumer Rights Protection Law, the "customer is responsible for preserving the quality and safety of the merchandise throughout the entire term of implementation of the right of rejection", the SIA "J. & K. Furniture" reserves the right to deny the customer’s right of rejection or withhold a compensation from the refunded amount in case the merchandise is returned otherwise than in its original packaging, if the packaging is considerably damaged, if the seals on the product are damaged, if the protective film is removed (e.g. from the display of a mobile phone), in case any signs of negligent use are identified – for instance, scratches and other kinds of damage.
In case a customer cannot familiarized himself with the product otherwise than through removing the original packaging thereof or damaging it in any other way (an example would be the film that a washing machine is wrapped with), the damage done to the packaging is not deemed to be a substantiation for the forfeiture of the right of rejection. Should this be the case, the customer must keep the packaging and have it returned along with the merchandise in order to use the right of rejection, since the packaging bears the serial number of the item. In order to have the right of rejection implemented as fast as possible, please be advised to unpack such goods with utmost caution.
In case the product you wish to purchase is out of stock and must be ordered separately, you will have to pay a security deposit of 30% of the price of the merchandise, the remaining amount will be due before the merchandise is delivered. In this case you will be unable to use the right of rejection. If you do reject the merchandise anyway, the security deposit shall not be refunded. The security deposit is only refunded in case the SIA "J. & K. Furniture" repudiates the contract unilaterally. In this case, the consumer is entitled to a refund of the amount equivalent to the price paid.
Actions in case of return of goods or cancellation of the order.
If you purchased a product in the online store at www.gigantmebeles.lv and wish to use your right of withdrawal within 14 calendar days, you must:
- Contact the employees of www.gigantmebeles.lv by calling +371 25607050 or by writing an e-mail to email@example.com and inform them of your desire to cancel your order. In doing so, you must provide the following information:
- Full name and surname
- Order number (format O-ххххххх)
- Product Name
- Date of receipt of the goods
- Proof of purchase (invoice number and date)
- After informing us about the desire to refuse the goods, we will send a refusal form to your e-mail, which must be filled in and sent back to us;
- You need to deliver the goods that you wish to return to the warehouse of SIA "J. & K. Furniture" at the address Mellužu street 15, Riga (Mellužu iela 15, Rīga) or to one of our stores, having agreed the date and time in advance returns with employees of www.gigantmebeles.lv by calling +371 25607050 or by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- If you are not able to return the goods yourself, then you can use the transport services provided by SIA "J. & K. Furniture". In this case, the goods from you will be transported in accordance with the delivery schedule;
- Refunds will be made only after the return of the goods to the possession of SIA "J. & K. Furniture";
- If, upon receipt of the order, transport services provided by SIA "J. & K. Furniture" were used, and in case of return, transport services are also required, in this case, the payment for the delivery of the goods is not refundable;
- Refunds are made in the same way as payment upon receipt of the order;
- Return of furniture is carried out within 10 working days or during another period by mutual agreement.
During the period of exercising the right of withdrawal, the consumer has the right to use the product to the extent necessary for testing it (to the same extent as could be done when purchasing the product in a physical store). Using the right of withdrawal, the consumer is liable for the use of the goods beyond the intended purpose of testing the product, for the use of the goods during the period of use of the right of withdrawal, which is incompatible with the principle of good faith and fairness, as well as for the reduction in the cost, quality and safety of the goods.
What to do if you notice a manufacturing or shipping defect?
Send us photos of the defect by email or use the Whatsapp application so that we can resolve the problem faster. For more information about warranty service, please call +371 25607050
or write to email@example.com.
Product warranty terms:
- The product must be assembled in accordance with the assembly instructions;
The buyer loses the right to free warranty service in the following cases
- The purchased product must be used for its intended purpose and kept in proper conditions;
- The warranty covers furniture damaged during transportation, as well as defects caused by the fault of the manufacturer.
- The buyer did not follow the instructions for assembling the furniture;
- Changes were made to the design of the product;
- The product is damaged due to the fault of the buyer;
- The furniture was affected by unforeseen circumstances (force majeure).